Our role has evolved over the years to be:
“Providing high quality engineering and socio-economic consultancy services in planning, managing and implementation of development projects”.
Case Study 01 – Manufacturing and Leading Export Company
Our client a medium sized machine manufacturer of cashew nuts for export faced difficulties of reducing market share, employee retention and issues with supply chain. We engaged the client to assist them in developing a business plan to overcome these issues.
•The business was losing Market share due to a lack of promotional and pricing strategy compared to its competitors
•Employee absence was impacting daily output and workforce morale as a result many staff were not self motivated to achieve targets
•Issues with supply chain management meant that business had difficulty meeting demand during busy periods
How We Helped
•We produced a Marketing plan for the business which incorporated recommendations about use of agencies abroad, how to maximise referrals from existing client and use of international patents
•We developed an HR plan to alleviate issues with employee turnover through introduction of proper performance evaluation methods
•A technical plan was developed to improve production levels
•Introduced a plan to aid business in regaining foothold in Indian Market
•Technical recommendations resulted in significant increases in productivity
•HR Plan resulted in decreased unauthorized leave
“In helping us prepare our Marketing and HR plan, Sameera and team of Infotechs ideas showed a tremendous understanding of our issues and prepared an excellent report. Looking forward to continued success working with them in the future.”- Managing Director
Case Study 02 – Milk Processing Company
Our client is a BOI approved medium sized dairy processor which was not financially stable and had issues of gradual reduction of its market share. We assisted them in identifying markets and contacts/agents/buyers in other areas where it has a better chance of succeeding.
•The Business was losing its market share due to lack of product development and growth of market penetration
•Our Client was unable to make strong relationship with its suppliers which cause for fluctuation of its raw milk supply
•High employee turnover had enormous pressure on production and labour costs. Company also did not have effective financial controls and recording system
How We Helped
•We have prepared a business plan which was addressing to solution for a steady raw milk supply and making strong bonds with suppliers and agents
•We have developed a marketing plan in order to increase in market share and facilitating which market to penetrate as well as providing different approaches to current market whilst growing market share
•Developed an HR Plan to establish proper policies and Procedures to retain and keep motivated work force
•Introduced a daily plan to ensure continues supply of daily raw milk supply
•Increase the market share by 5% with in 2 months
•HR Plan resulted in decreased high employee turn over by 50%
“The only ones that actually do something “in the Batticaloa Chamber of Commerce Meeting and very happy about the support provided by us.” – Managing Director
Case Study 03 - Software Development Company
Our client is a software development company, focusing on web site development. The owner wished to reconsider his market position in order to expand his business.
• Lack of marketing strategy make difficulties to acquire new international clients and presently business is heavily depending on single foreign client
• Lack of marketing approach for domestic market
• Lack of business development pipeline meant that there was a struggle to obtain new business
How We Helped
• Our review is committed to various methods of marketing and gives options and illustrations of the best available processes. This is followed by a review of the technical challenges necessary to support those markets including a summary of competing and coherent technologies
• We proceed to answer the specific requests from client and provide contacts and examples of best practice business development and website design
• We have introduced new international clients to the Owner
• The Business was able to find few more international clients by following our marketing strategies
• There was a significant increase of expansion in to local market
“I got more than I expected from this consultancy service.” – CEO
Case Study 04 - Automotive rubber parts Manufacturer
A local rubber parts manufacturer produces specific rubber parts for the automotive industry. At present, growth and profitability are stagnant and the company needed to change its approach and positioning in the market place and needs clear strategic directions and immediate improvement of its liquidity position.
• Lack of detailed business plans were hampering efforts to expand business
• Lack of investment capital
• Poor liquidity and cash flow
• High stock levels
• Poor debt position
How We Helped
• Our Business Plan has focused on the product range diversification and new products developments in order to gain new markets. As well the possible technological improvements in order to minimize the cost such as using Just in time manufacturing, Kanban system etc.
• Our approaches help to increase the liquidity position of company by decreasing its stock and bad debt levels as well as reducing the debtor collection period
• They have introduced new products to market as we recommended in our business plan
• Significantly improved liquidity position obtained within one month of plan delivery
“I would have no hesitation to recommend Infotechs IDEAS to others for business consultancy.” – CEO
Case Study 05 - Group of Companies : Vehicle assembling, Finance & Leasing
Our client is a larger scale diversified group of companies, which has significant issues of effective engagement of senior and middle management
• Lack of performances by senior and middle management jeopardize the whole management process in the organization due to lack of motivation factors
• Lack of clear training and development plans in place to support ongoing employee engagement
How We Helped
• Our training sessions for Directors /Senior Management and Middle Management has helped them to understand and harmonise their opinions and run the business to achieve common goal
• Those training sessions included the Business coaching and personal coaching in order to make sure that they are achieving their targets
• Increase the sales volume by 15% with in two months.
• Achieving their targets on time.
• Increase the quality of customer service which keep existing customers are coming back to business often.
“I would have no hesitation to recommend Infotechs to others for business consultancy.” – Managing Director
Case Study 06 - Production and Exports
Our client is a medium scale exporter to Japan and Europe, the company was running with higher debtor periods and lower creditor period for long term.
• Long debtors period (90 days) required high investment in WIC. Lower creditor period (30 days) and WIC gap of 60 days
• Significant cash flow issues were created as a result of this imbalance
• No plans were in place to try and address these issues
How We Helped
• Developed an action plan to reduce the WIP and Debtor period with minimum cost for the organisation
• Developed a series of financial tools to support this realignment
• Reduced debtor administration
• Improved cash flow position
• Lower finance cost
• Smooth WIC flow
“Your ability to understand our company and to get right to the point with a plan of action has been instrumental in the improvement of our company’s performance. Thank you, very much for what you have done for us.” – Managing Director
We are Sri Lanka`s leading Consultancy firm for client value creation through proficiency, innovation, integrity & sustainability.
Provision of high quality consultancy and development solutions through employing high calibre professionals and experts supported by well-trained in-house management staff.
Our Clients & Associations
Reviewing the past and current trends in Micro financing and preparing the SME/Micro enterprise Development Programme in Bhutan.This report has very insightful comments, practical suggestions, and also in-depth analysis on BDFCL’s current issues as well as future challenges.
Ms. Chia-Hsin Hu
Asian Development Bank